Terms and Conditions (T&Cs)
1. Your booking confirmation email contains important information regarding your booking. Please note that the content in the email constitutes the contract terms between you and us (LSA). You are required to check the details in the email as soon as you receive it. Any errors must be highlighted immediately (no longer than 24 hours after booking). You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide in connection with the booking.
2. Where two or more people are included on the same booking, or a booking is being made on behalf of a third party, the person making the booking shall be seen to be acting as an agent for all members of the party and accepts the LSA Terms and Conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
3. Where a booking is made by telephone, a booking confirmation email will be sent out and constitutes the contract between you and us (LSA). The booking is subject to your acceptance of the LSA Terms and Conditions and payment in full or a deposit.
4. It is the responsibility of the guest to provide a full and valid mobile phone number including the International Dialling Code. Any changes made by LSA to your activity will be notified by SMS text or by calling the number provided. It is your responsibility to check for messages left on this contact number during the final 24 hours prior to the activity. LSA will endeavour to take every possible route to contact you to inform you of any last minute changes but takes no responsibility if you are not obtainable.
5. If staying at our lodge it is your responsibility to inform LSA of any dietary requirements, allergies or special assistance needed, at least 7 days before you arrive.
6. To take part in our tours, you must be in reasonable physical condition. If in doubt, please contact us in advance and we will be happy to answer your questions.
7. Any changes to bookings must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 7 days before the start of your tour. If you would like to change your booking, we will do our best to accommodate any reasonable changes but all changes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to charge a change fee to cover any additional costs incurred. If a fee is charged you will be notified of the fee and be given the option to accept the change or keep your original booking.
8. Payment for short tours is required in full and is to be made immediately on booking, either through our online booking system or direct to our bank account. The booking shall be binding once payment is made and the confirmation email is sent. Deposit payments are required for multi-day or build-your-own tours: the deposit varies from 15-25% of the total tour cost depending on the tour booked. The full balance will be due a minimum of 30 days before the start of the tour.
9. Cancellations must be made via email to email@example.com, and will be confirmed by email. If no confirmation of your cancellation has been acknowledged it is your responsibility to contact LSA by phone or via another email. Our standard cancellation and refund policy is:
9a. Short tours (including Forest Escape and Aurora Hunt); cancellations made MORE than 48 hours before the date of the activity will receive a 90% refund (10% administration charge is kept to cover booking fees). Unfortunately, we cannot offer a refund if you decide to cancel WITHIN 48 hours of the tour (for any reason, including weather or unforeseen changes to travel plans) so we advise you to have suitable travel insurance in place.
9b. Multi-day, week and build-your-own tours; deposit payments are non-refundable. From the remaining balance (ie. after deducting the deposit from the total tour cost) cancellations made more than 30 days before the date of the activity will receive a 90% refund (10% administration charge is kept to cover booking fees). Cancellations made 15-29 days before will receive a 75% refund and 8-14 days before will be refunded 50% of the remaining balance. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a refund if you decide to cancel within 7 days (for any reason, including weather or unforeseen changes to travel plans).
9c. We recommend you get a travel insurance policy that will cover any holiday costs in the event you need to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances.
10. LSA provides exciting wilderness experiences in an extreme environment. The nature of our tours means that, occasionally, the tour may need to be altered or shortened, with or without notice, for the comfort and well-being of our guests. If in exceptional circumstances we have to cancel your tour, we will refund you 100% of the cost with no administration deductions.
11. Although many of our tours are designed to provide excellent opportunities to see wildlife and/or natural phenomena (including Northern Lights), it is not possible to guarantee sightings.
12. Force Majeure: LSA is not liable for failure to perform our activity obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity, internet or telephone service.
Additional T&Cs for (but not limited to) our multi-day tours
13. You are responsible for possessing a valid passport and obtaining any visa required for travel to Sweden.
14. LSA cannot be held responsible for any element of your holiday that is considered “own arrangements” such as flights or tours/activities that you have booked directly with another supplier, even if these arrangements are taken during your stay with us.
15. Participants may be asked to complete a Medical Questionnaire to confirm that you are fully aware of the physical and mental stresses that some of our more adventurous tours involve. Should you have, or have had, any medical conditions that we believe will affect your participation in the tour, we may request written confirmation from your doctor that you are physically able to take part in the tour.
16. It is a condition of participation in any of our tours that you agree to accept the authority and decisions of our employees and Guides whilst on holiday with us: they are there to ensure the safety and well-being of the whole group.
17. Under no circumstances will ill treatment of our dogs be tolerated.
18. LSA makes every effort to deliver the tour sold to you to the best of our ability. However, we cannot accept liability for failure when the improper performance is due to the actions of our guests, someone else not connected with the provision of our services, or unusual/unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. Please note that in any event any compensation payable for claims against us will not exceed the cost of your holiday.
19. We are lucky enough to live and work in an extremely low crime area but please note we are unable to accept liability for damage or loss to personal items or baggage at any time.
20. LSA strongly recommends you take out insurance that provides you with adequate cover in Sweden, including patient repatriation in the event of a medical emergency, travel delays and lost or damaged baggage. Unfortunately LSA is not able to assist in meeting these costs.
21. We continually strive to give guests the best possible experience during your time with us but in the unlikely event you have a complaint about any part of your tour, please report it to one of our guides at the soonest practicable opportunity so we have an opportunity to rectify the problem. Failure to make us aware of any problems may reduce the amount of compensation to which you would otherwise be entitled.
Nothing can affect the consumer’s statutory rights. Swedish law shall govern these conditions in all respects.
We respect your privacy and will not give out your information to a third party, company or individual unless it is part of the service you are buying from us or if required by law. This is in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
We require some information from you in order to provide you a service. This information will be treated in confidence and will be used only for the purpose it was supplied for. Sometimes this may include personal information that relates to your physical suitability in joining one of our tours and a brief medical history. These details may be shared with any member of the LSA staff (maximum 4 people) who may be involved in delivering a service to you as part of the tour you have booked with us. Your contact details will be held for up to ten years on our booking system and any medical history may be stored on our computer system for up to three years unless you request in writing that we delete it sooner.
Financial details are not stored on this website as all transactions are through our Checkfront booking portal and the Stripe payment facility.
The content of this website and all information given to you by Lapland Sleddog Adventures (LSA) is for your general use and information only. We reserve the right to change any of our web content at anytime. We are not liable for any use of the website or reliance on the content, or if the website is unavailable for any reason.